What is the SPA?
The North East Lincolnshire Single Point of Access (SPA) is a team of qualified and unqualified staff from different professional backgrounds (including Nurses, Social Workers, Occupational therapists and Mental Health practitioners) with specialist local knowledge about the health, mental health and social care services available to you. They are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
When to call the SPA
- You need medical help fast but it’s not an emergency and your GP or surgery is closed
- You or a family member/friend need urgent social care support
- You have concerns about an adult who is vulnerable or may be being neglected or abused
- You are a carer and you need support to help you to care for someone
- You need support or advice about your mental health
- You need support getting out and about or getting around the house
- You need care or support to help you to be able to live at home
- You require information about a planned hospital discharge for a friend or family member
How to contact the SPA
Ring: 01472 256256
What to expect when you ring the SPA:
You will be given some options to choose from, this enables us to quickly divert your call to the person best able to help you.
Then you will be asked some questions to help to clarify your query, after this, your query will be resolved or passed through for further specialist support.
You can also visit the website services 4 me at www.services4.me.uk
The website is designed to offer you a one-stop directory of all adult social care, health care, well-being, voluntary and community services as well as related events and activities available in North East Lincolnshire.
The website has been designed to meet the information and advice needs of the local community. We have worked closely with local members of the public, carers and expert patient groups. We have listened to people who need help and support services and what they have told us is really important to them.
The services and events are provided by a wide range of local organisations, agencies and businesses, along with health information from the NHS choices site.
If you do not have easy access to the Internet, you will be able to log onto Services4.me.uk at your local library and many GP surgeries or resource centres, where online facilities are available. Members of staff will be able to help you, if you need it.